Saturday 3 March 2007

Feb 25 - March 3

I got new shoes yesterday! I walked into the Boulder Running Company, pointed at the shoes and said, I would like a pair of these in size 9 please. I didn't try them on or anything. I put over 400 miles on the old ones, they were the best running shoes I have ever had. These new shoes should get me trained for a half-marathon. I will probably buy a new pair just before the event so that they have good springiness.

I ran 10 miles this morning, and it felt good for the most part. I bought a book on marathon training last week (The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer) and decided to take the advice to run 4 days a week instead of five. But this week I had so much going on, and two of the days I thought I was going to run there was snow falling, so I only ran 3 days.

Monday 3.99 miles
Tuesday 3.10 miles
Saturday 10 miles

I ordered another training book last night. Debbi is using a book called "Marathoning for Mortals", it has plans for half-marathons as well as marathons, so perhaps this will be better than the other book. In any event, I can share these with my daughter - who is registered for both of the marathons with me.

Thanks for the words of encouragement from the other bloggers. I do appreciate it. I have noticed that this blog is pretty poorly written. I pride myself on my writing skills, but I generally write this just after my long run on Saturday morning, and I think my brain isn't in the best shape at this time. Oh well, thanks for bearing with me.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi, Mary!!

I found you through Jason the Running Man's blog. Hope you don't mind me popping in to say hi. :)

Hope your new shoes treat you as well as the old ones did!

Michelle said...

Thanks for adding my blog to your links!!

I added yours to mine, too! :)

Adam said...

I also have same book as you, although I may never run a marathon, I thought it had good ideas.

Keep it up.