Saturday 10 February 2007

Feb 04-10

I did it! I ran 13.1 miles this morning! I just checked my time, which seems abysmal and miraculous all at the same time, against last year's race results and my time comes in 9th place in my age group - if I were doing the Colfax Marathon today. This sounds convoluted, I hope you know what I mean.

As I ran in the last 10th of a mile, I started sobbing. I was so blown away to have done this thing... all by myself at a park, running around a lake. And each time around, having people pass me as they sprinted their one, two or three miles. I would just smile and think, go ahead, I am 55 years old and I am going to run 13.1 miles today! I am so grateful that this old body will do this. I was talking to someone this morning about the back surgery I had 8 years ago, and I am glad I reminded myself of where I was a few years ago.

Other than that, I logged 23.92 miles this week. If not for the 13 miles this morning, it would have been a very short week. I was tired all week.